Friday, January 05, 2007

Day 4-14 - Manado

Only managed to post up to Day 3 while I was in Manado.. thought I’d be updating my blog daily. Wishful thinking on my part. Lol. Day 4 – 14 went like a breeze. Spent most of my time reading by the beach or the poolside after breakfast / lunch. Yes, very lazy indeed. What a break. It could not have been better. Such a dreamy place.

Went to Tangkoko Nature Reserve with Sean, Jason & Ita. Took us about 2 and half hours' drive to get there. Located on the slopes of mount "Dua Saudara", the area is composed of impressive green hills and valleys with amazingly scenic views of natural beauty. There are black-crested macaques, tarsier monkeys, cus-cus, maleo birds, snakes, wild pigs, hornbills and rusa deer.

Got really close to the black-crested macaques – the older macaques can get a bit vicious & territorial..the little ones are just very cheeky & playful. And then there’s the Cus-Cus (a mammal - not the Spanish dish!) which resembles the koala bear. The guide told us that it is only found in Sulawesi. Then there’s my favourite, the little Tarsier Monkeys,smallest monkey in the world – about 10 centimetres in height. Such adorable, huge-eyed, maguai-like creatures. Too cute. I wish I could take one home..and then feed it after midnight...and have hundreds of little gremlins..lol

Went up to Steve & Mirinda's beautiful little house up the hill from the resort for 'a couple' of drinks one night..by the time we left we were so hammered..could hardly find the way back to the chalet. The next night, we took a boat to go to a neighbouring island resort called Lembeh Resort. Beautiful. They had all the Xmas lights & decorations up..even had a real Xmas tree decorated with the most beautiful ornaments. Linda & Scott, who runs the place were such delightful hosts. Had a beautiful spread for dinner, lots of wine, lots of laughter...great company.. great evening.

We were all quiet on the boat ride back to Kungkungan Bay..just enjoying the cool breeze and trying to hold on and not fall out the boat after all the drinking...

The last weekend in Manado, i booked myself in for a massage and mani-pedi at Matana Spa in Tasik Ria Resort. The driver took me there after breakfast which took about 2 hours. Jim was there to show me around the amazing resort. Sean was there too, by the pool with Jim's sister, Hanan, her husband Simon and their 2 gorgeous kids, Adrian & Amy.

After getting pampered for 3 hours, went to Jim & Cary's lovely home. Met up with the rest of the gang at SKY Lounge in town and had a big dinner. We then adjourned to SCORE, a huge,huge club. Serious drinking & partying. Big time. Jason, Steve & Bjorn were superstars , dancing up a storm with pretty Manado chicas. Everyone except Steve, Jason & I went home after finding Bjorn asleep on one of the settees. The 3 of us went to another huge club. If i remember correctly, the name of the club was 'Ha ha'. I remember dancing on the stage at one point. Not knowing where the boys were, I partied with the local boys..it was all good until Steve appeared out of nowhere, pushed all the boys aside, telling them off..I think he announced that I was the mayor's niece and to keep their distance. I could be wrong but anyhoo..After one too many B52s, i dragged Steve & Jason out of the bar with the help of our driver/bodyguard. The drive back home to Kungkungan Bay felt like an eternity. Hats off to our driver/bodyguard who had to endure all the abuse & stinking alcohol breath all the way back.I can't recall his name but I was told that he is Indonesia's Silat champion.No wonder Steve was 'feared' at Ha Ha Club . No one was going to mess with him when the Silat champion is the bodyguard..lol..But I thank you Steve, Jim and Cary for a wicked night. You guys rock.

In a nutshell..We had a marvelous time in Manado..made all the more better with the great company we had..Miss you guys already! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment