Monday, August 27, 2007

Sweet Escape - Phuket!



I finally have time to put this up.
It's been a month since our trip. My fellow escapees and I are already planning our next break. Bali? I would love to go back there and do another bungee jump..woohoo!!!!

Our first getaway together - me, Pootythang, MJ, KM. YJ & I have been on a few trips together..Keningau, Miri & Kuching (Rainforest Music Festival 2006) .

Day 1

Dashed to the duty free store as soon as we got through the immigration checkpoint at the airport. Bought ourselves a bottle of Absolut Vodka and started swigging as soon as we got out of the airport, into the resort van and off to Burasari Resort. So happy & all excited, laughing all the way.

Laughter & excitement took a major halt when we were told by Jeab, the Front Office Manager of Burasari that the resort has been overbooked. "What?! How could it be?? We have paid for it weeks ago?? No. No! Not acceptable!".

"We are here to do a write-up about Burasari resort for our travel magazine! ", I lied convincingly, so much so that MJ almost believed me for a couple of seconds. Didn't help. Oh well..

After lots of apologizing on her side and grumbling on our side (esp from me), we reluctantly agreed to be transferred to Novotel Resort.

When we got there, the grumbling died down. It was beautiful!!
Still wished we could have stayed at Burasari though.

By then..we were also quite drunk & happy having dried up the vodka bottle. After checking in to our rooms, MJ & I dolled ourselves up and tripped straight out to the pubs while the rest slept off the alcohol. Yes, what a waste..We cleverly walked down towards the darker side of the street until we snatched a motorcycle taxi dude off a local chick just 'cuz... we were lost tired of walking. The girl must've cursed us. I got our ride at a discounted rate but still a damn rip off at RM7 for the 2 of us.

First stop, Aussie Bar. Shared a huge Aussie Burger with MJ while scanning around. We were so excite! but acted like we were bored. Have to be cool as ice.Played pool at Banana Club then walked back up to Bangla to meet up with YJ,KM and Sheda at the Happy Bar where beautiful ladyboys danced on the podium. I've been there before (previous trip) so I wasn't as shocked as MJ,KM & Sheda. KM went missing, looking for food. We caught up with him and went to Banana and danced the night away. We moved on to Tiger afterwards. Ended up in a Reggae bar, singing songs of freedom...Until a guy came up to me and asked "What's your name? Where you stay? How much you pay?" Like YJ, I didn't know what to do but laughed my head off. I didn't come all this way to pay a local gigolo to have sex with me! No, sirree!

Got home in the wee hours of the morn..birds were chirping just as my head touched the pillow

Day 2

KM had breakfast before bed..how clever. The girls went out for breakie and got caught in the morning flood. I slept right through.

Went for a Thai Oil Massage and had my boobs rubbed with lots & lots of oil. Shut my eyes and tried not to laugh, but I couldn't help it, I'm very ticklish (& ermm..shy?so malu..). It wasn't unpleasant.It just felt so wrong! I'm sure MJ would disagree.lol. I had a peek at YJ when the masseuse was comforting her ample boobs. hahahaha!

Had a really good spread for dinner at Restaurant 99 then walked to Rock City where we partied the night away with an array of shooters. Entertained the girls with the naughty nurse get-up that I stripped off from the cute little waitress.KM went for another 2 hour massage and came back to find the girls all merry.

Back in the resort,at Sheda's room,
Maya made an appearance and entertained everyone.lol.

extracts from MJ's blog;

'we left Sheda's suite to go back - when maya started banging on EVERY DOOR on that floor. I've no pictures for that but everytime i think back, i can clearly picture her animated expression of naughtiness and the look of horror on KM and Yanti's face. We raced each other up the stairs when someone inside the rooms responded. Maya certainly could get us into so much trouble!'


Note: Maya only comes out to play when she's had enough greens in her diet. *hint* hint*

"We all go happy, happy go lucky no!"


Day 3

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

hungover. could hardly eat. but i could definitely drink! again!!

Partied at Rock City with MJ while KM,YJ & Sheda went off to find lady who 'pops ping-pongs' ( try saying it real fast..and repeat!) for a living. Went to Lime, a really cool club. Sheda,KM & YJ joined us there. YJ accompanied MJ to be in one with nature and be happy with their smokes, while KM, Sheda & I went to Safari- a club in the jungle. A bottle fell hard on Sheda's head. Poor thing. We calmed her down with more drinks. I lost her after a while and panicked. Found her on the steps outside the entrance. The look on her face ('where am i? i want to go home')..so kesian.. It's time to hang up the party shoes. I'm finally tired.

'Tuk-Tuk!!"

Day 4

i missed all the breakfast. KM had breakfast before bed..every morning! he so clever..

Threw everything in my suitcase and said goodbye to my lovely room. Checked out in a daze. Sad to leave, but happy to go. Doesn't make sense, I know. But then again..nothing much does these days...alcohol talking

1 comment:

  1. i beg to differ! oil massages are goood ONLY if the masseuse is HAWT!

    hahahaha

    ReplyDelete