Monday, November 26, 2007

Mama

Mama (my grandma) has been admitted to the hospital, again. Her condition has deteriorated and she is not getting better. Went back to Keningau to see her yesterday. She managed a few words and a smile for me. But she can barely move. So frail, so weak.

I held her hand for a long time while she rested. H
er hand looks frail and small. But even so, I will always remember it as the hand that used to care for me. The hand that used to play 'aeroplanes' with the spoon when she fed me as a toddler ..and that wiped the tears off my face when I cried over a silly tiff with my siblings..The hand that held mine, comforted me and made me feel safe.

It hurts to see her suffer. It hurts to see her so helpless. It hurts that I can't do anything to help her.

6 comments:

  1. Wish your mom recover soon and get healthy.being happy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. be strong mona!
    hope she'll be ok soon....
    big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. u r so lucky to have a loving and caring grandmother like that.

    so how is she now?hope she is fine now

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks lankapo,
    she's still at the hospital..a bit more stable than before but they are still keeping a close eye on her..

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you guys for the well wishes..

    ReplyDelete